12 Angry Devs
Based in Salzburg, Austria
September 1, 2010
Press / Business Contact:
Of Light And Shadow
Urstein Süd 1
DescriptionThere’s no Light with(out) Shadow!
In late 2010, a team consisting of 11 artists developed game concepts for their final project at the Salzburg University of Applied Sciences in Austria. After several months of brainstorming and creating a large pool of ideas, two projects respectively games resulted from the extensive conceptual phase, one of them being "Of Light & Shadow", as well as "The Balloon Quest".After that
The original team split up and each of the now two teams got reinforced by another 4 coders while developing a first prototype of the game by summer 2011. While in production, the game concept for "Of Light & Shadow" changed several times and took its final shape in autumn of 2011. Since then, most of the content and the levels within "Of Light & Shadow" have been created and implemented directly into Unity3D while still working on the technical features and structure of the game.
There are far more images available for 12 Angry Devs, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Nothing" - Yet :-)
- "Of Light & Shadow is one of those freeware games that could have easily been commercial offerings. It's beautiful, polished, brimming with ideas and the product of love of a sizable team."
- Konstantinos Dimopoulos, IndieGames.com
- "It’s a pleasant little thing for what it is, and easy to deem worth a play. … The game left us wanting more."
- Chris Priestman, The Indie Game Magazine
- "Der Titel bietet eine hohe Qualität und ein fantastisches Design, am wichtigsten aber ist, dass er deutlich hochwertiger als so manch anderes Indie Spiel daherkommt. … Auf uns wirkte das Spiel einfach beeindruckend, weil es eines dieser verzauberten Indie Spiele ist, dessen Faszination sich kaum erklären lässt."
- Zockah.de, Zockah.de
Team & Repeating
Game Design, Level Design, Rigging, Story
Concept Art, Art Direction
Game Director, Game Design, Score
Sound & Music, Technical Artist, Conceptual Design, etc.
Character Animation, Additional 3D Art, Game Design
Concept Art, Texturing, Modeling, Environment Artist
Code, Sound & Music integration, Facebook page manager
Sir Codeur, Game Design